ATM & Visa Debit Card Travel Tips
Before you travel, contact the Deposit Support Department to:
- Notify us of your travel dates and destinations
- Verify the withdrawal and spending limits
Key tips while traveling:
- In some countries, merchants will be more familiar with processing the EMV (Europay, Mastercard and Visa) chip cards (cards containing an embedded chip vs. a magnetic-strip) rather than magnetic-strip cards. Visa does require either card to be accepted everywhere Visa is. If you encounter a merchant who is unfamiliar with the magnetic-strip card, encourage them to swipe the card through the terminal and continue with the terminal prompts for completing the transaction.
- When using your card at an automatic rail ticket kiosk, gas station, etc. you may be required to present your card to a near by attendant if the machine is not programmed to accept magnetic-strip cards.
- Write down your ATM or Visa Debit Card number and the Contact information for Customer Service in case your card is lost or stolen. Store this information in a safe place separate from your wallet or purse.
- Memorize your ATM or Visa Debit Card PIN (Personal Identification Number). Do not write your PIN on your card or keep your PIN in your wallet or purse.
For questions or concerns about your ATM or Visa Debit Card contact our Deposit Support Department by calling 913-682-3491 or visit www.visa.com to locate the appropriate phone number for the country in which you are traveling.